Clearwater Township Planning Commission Public Hearing on STRs, First Michigan Statewide Housing Plan Kicking Off Across the State, and Save the Date: June 6th Capitol Day/Ride With the Brand
This week features a call to members and their clients in Clearwater Township to attend the Clearwater Township Planning Commission meeting next Monday, April 3rd as they consider a Short-Term Rental Ordinance, the release and rollout of Michigan’s first Statewide Housing Plan, and a Save the Date to join fellow Aspire North REALTORS members in Lansing for Michigan’s Capitol Day and Ride with the Brand Event.
1. Clearwater Township Planning Commission Public Hearing on STRs
The Clearwater Township Planning Commission will be holding a public hearing on Monday, April 3rd, 2023 at 7 pm, in the Clearwater Township Community Center (5407 River Street, Rapid City, MI) to consider an amendment to Ordinance 22 (Zoning) to add Article XXII classifying Short Term Rentals as a permitted use within Clearwater Township. The Clearwater Township website does not appear to have any way to view the proposed Article XXII. However, thanks to Aspire North REALTORS member Gary Scheitler you can view the most recent draft of Clearwater Township’s proposed Short-Term Rental Ordinance HERE.
2. First Michigan Statewide Housing Plan Kicking Off Across the State
The process of developing the first Michigan Statewide Housing Plan has been completed now the Michigan State Housing Development Authority (MSHDA) is hosting kick-off meetings across the state. A few REALTORS and Brad Ward, Vice President of Public Policy with Michigan REALTORS served on the committee to develop the statewide plan. MSHDA’s implementation of the Michigan Statewide Housing Plan is set to be rolled out regionally. We will communicate more information as the rollout of Michigan’s Statewide Housing Plan becomes available.
3. Save the Date: June 6th Capitol Day/Ride With the Brand
This June 6th will be Michigan REALTORS statewide Capitol Day and will feature the NAR Riding With the Brand campaign theme. This event is an excellent opportunity to connect with both our state representatives and statewide leadership, as well as your National Association of REALTORS leadership influencing the real estate industry we all work in Michigan and across the country, all in one day. To invite as many of our Aspire North REALTORS members to take advantage of this opportunity Aspire North REALTORS is renting a bus to travel to and from Lansing on Tuesday, June 6th, and will be providing food and beverage items for attendees for the price of an RPAC investment. The schedule will be as follows:
- Leave Aspire North REALTORS World Headquarters (852 South Garfield Ave, Traverse City) at 7:30 am
- Arrive at the Michigan State Capitol for 11 am registration and to view the recently refurbished Capitol grounds
- Picnic lunch will be served on the State Capitol lawn between 11:30 am with 1 pm with members of the Michigan Legislature present to discuss industry issues
- At 1:30 pm there will be a short program including a special guest from NAR.
- The event wraps at 2 pm and we will load the bus to head back to Traverse City by 5:30 pm
Registration details will be available in the next two weeks! Let’s #PackTheBus!