Meet Your Candidate for the TAAR Board of Directors 2020 Election | Matt Hodges, EXIT Realty Paramount
As your colleague since 2005, I have done my best to work hand in hand with each one of you to make our transactions easier and more professional. While none of us are perfect, we can all strive for being our best self.
Who you are
I am an Associate Broker with Kultura Group, powered by EXIT Realty Paramount. I also began my career there, 15 years ago this month! I have two beautiful daughters, Madison, 16 (on October 21st) and Ava, 14, in December. I have owned a couple businesses and was a part of the United States Navy Reserve from 2004-2008 as a Seabee. There is a lot to say about me personally, but here is some stuff about myself professionally. I am no stranger to the TAAR Board or its committees. Here are a few things I have done over the past decade or so.
- I was appointed to the TAAR Board as the Nation’s first Reverse Mentor. This has led to many boards across the state and Country to adopt this program as a way to help the younger generation both learn and teach those more seasoned… like myself now!
- TAAR Board Member 2018-2020
- I have served on the MLS Committee
- I have served and Co-Chaired and Chaired the REALTOR® Political Action Committee for the majority of my career.
- I am a part of the YPN (Young Professionals Network) group in Traverse City.
A couple other things I do in my personal time.
- Board Member, Mid-Michigan Honor Flight. A veteran organization helping our oldest hero’s see the memorials erected in their honor!
- Vice President, Charlie Golf One. A veteran organization with a mission to build a veteran housing community in the Grand Traverse Region. CG1 stand for “Standing By To Assist.”
Why you would like to be a director, again.
I will continue to bring enthusiasm and experience to the Board. I am a doer and will look for opportunities to streamline discussion and give thoughtful criticism when needed as well as be a cheerleader when appropriate. I am excited for the opportunity to represent you all again on the NEW Aspire North Board. I have been blessed with a good business and a wonderful family so it’s in my nature to give back where I can. I feel that I am still called to serve and I am asking for your vote.
Thank you all for your support. I look forward to serving and working with you!