Aspire North REALTORS® Installs New Board of Directors for 2022 and Recognizes 2021 Award Recipients
Aspire North REALTORS® held its annual Awards & Installation of Officers Ceremony as a virtual event on Thursday, January 20th, 2022. The event served as the induction ceremony for our 2022 Board President, Secretary-Treasurer, President-Elect for 2023, and our recently elected directors on the board. We also recognized our numerous award winners for the year of 2021.
Our 2022 Officers and Directors
- 2022 Board President Matt Hodges, Kultura Group
- 2022 Secretary-Treasurer Jessica Brutzman, Berkshire Hathaway
- 2023 Board President-Elect Stephanie Koppe, Real Estate One Traverse City/Bellaire
- Immediate Past President Dave Wilsey, Century 21 Northland
- Director Deirdre Carroll, Cygnus Real Estate
- Director Chad DeVille, Berkshire Hathaway
- Director David Hricik, Century 21 Northland
- Director Heather Hudson, RE/MAX Bayshore
- Aspire North MLS Chair Rene Hills, Real Estate One Traverse City
- Affiliate Ambassador Chair Katie Hoyt, Genisys Mortgage Professionals
- Reverse Mentor T. J. Shimek, Serbin Real Estate
- Business Community Representative Trevor Tkach, Traverse City Tourism
We are excited to welcome our new Board President, Matt Hodges, who is eager to take on this position and started out his term by calling on all Aspire North Members to answer the call of leadership and take an active role in the association. “This is your association; it will rise with you, and it will fall with you” he said. Matt also took some time to thank Dave Wilsey, Board President in 2021, for his steadfast leadership this past year and his continued dedication to the association. That sentiment is shared by rest of the board, membership, and staff.
We are also thrilled to have Jessica Brutzman serving as our Secretary-Treasurer for 2022. Jessica has been a vital leader in this association and was also recognized as the recipient of our 2021 Political Advocacy Award. Stephanie Koppe, who served as our Secretary-Treasurer in 2021, was elected to be our Board President in 2023.
New to the board this year is Deirdre Carroll with Cygnus Real Estate. Deirdre was elected this fall along with David Hricik and Stephanie Koppe, who are both returning for their second terms. Also joining the board this year is Reverse Mentor T. J. Shimek from Serbin Real Estate and Business Community Representative Trevor Tkach with Traverse City Tourism.
Following the installation of the board of directors, Aspire North recognized our Award Recipients for 2021! We are honored to have these individuals representing Aspire North as practitioners in the Real Estate Industry and as contributing members to their communities.
Aspire North 2021 Award Recipients
- 2021 REALTOR of the Year | Kellie Sergent, Century 21 Northland – Elk Rapids
- 2021 Political Advocacy Award | Jessica Brutzman, Berkshire Hathaway
- 2021 President’s Award | Mike Annelin, Century 21 Northland
- 2021 Affiliate of the Year | Katie Hoyt, Genisys Mortgage Professionals
- 2021 Rookie of the Year | Nav Dhami, RE/MAX Bayshore
- 2021 Rookie of the Year Runner-ups | Julie Rapson, Up North Properties and Doug Swartz, Century 21 Northland – Elk Rapids
- 2021 Ed Petty Lifetime Achievement Award | Doug Meteyer, Keller Williams Northern Michigan